Greystone Centennial Middle School staff recognize that a variety of programming options is essential to the academic, social and emotional development of our students. The following information identifies only some of the opportunities we provide to our students.
- A friendly, inviting and academically challenging school environment.
- Abundant opportunities to build positive relationships between and among students and staff.
- Small communities of learners where groups know each other well, and where learning experiences are interrelated and meaningful.
- A caring adult advisor or mentor who knows and is concerned about each student’s academic progress and adjustment to school and life.
- An enthusiastic staff that provides programs designed to help students reach their potential.
- An environment that capitalizes on the curiosity and creativity of students and displays student projects, artwork and reports.
- Flexible grouping of students to provide the best learning environment for students of varying abilities, interests and rates of learning.
- Opportunities for participation in sports and interest-centered activities.
- Extensive opportunities for students to explore, experiment, and discover.
- A positive discipline program that guides students in becoming responsible for their own behaviour.
- Social experiences appropriate for the age level.
- Partnership with families and communities.
- A culture that celebrates human diversity and promotes tolerance among students and adults from diverse backgrounds.
Greystone Centennial Middle School supports extracurricular activities for students. Extracurricular coordination and supervision is done on a voluntary basis and in every case there must be a staff sponsor involved. Activities are available subject to: adequate supervision (including the use of trained volunteers) and adequate student interest. Where expenses are incurred, all activities operate on a cost-recovery basis.
For more information contact:
Greystone Centennial Middle School