At Greystone Centennial Middle School, we believe that the middle years is a time to exert extra effort to make school appealing, by engaging students in learning, and by offering them a variety of activities to keep them connected to the school community.
Unique Features of our School
- Highly collaborative teaching teams who remain with the same group of students for two years to establish strong supportive relationships that promote individualized, personalized learning for students. Teachers really get to know the unique learning needs of their students.
- Students are expected to think deeply about their learning and make connections to the real world outside of school.
- Students are meaningfully involved in their own assessment and assist in developing clear criteria for achieving excellence.
- Flexible teaching spaces enable staff to group students in ways that are most responsive to learning needs.
- Focus on preparing students for the 21st century by developing skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration and perseverance.
- Students are encouraged to bring and use their personal technology devices into school to support and enhance learning in the digital age - teachers continuously work with students to develop skills in digital citizenship.
How We Define Success
- Students see the value of their learning extending beyond the time and space of their years at Greystone
- Students show growth in their physical, intellectual and social/emotional capacities
- Through a competencies based instructional focus, students acquire the attitudes, skills, knowledge and values for living, learning and working
- Students are engaged thinkers, demonstrate ethical citizenship and develop their entrepreneurial spirit
For more information contact:
Greystone Centennial Middle School